Terms and conditions
1. Wren cottage and Stables cottage are 1 bed properties sleeping a maximum of 2 people in each.
2. From submission of your booking proposal form and our subsequent confirmation, you have 4 days to make payments by cheque, after which we will make the dates available for booking again.
3. Unless otherwise agreed, payments by card, paypal or BACS transfer are to be made within 24 hours following our review of your booking form submission.
4. If within 8 weeks of the holiday start date, we require the full payment, otherwise a £40 deposit is sufficient with the balance due 8 weeks before the start date. You risk losing your deposit and your booking slot if you do not make the balance payment at this time. Printed/posted receipts are available by request.
5. Refunds are at the owners discretion and you are responsible for your own cancellation insurance. However if you have to cancel your booking we will make every effort to re-book the dates and refund you. This might mean you get a percentage of your money back if not all of it.
6. Whilst we are aware that smaller items such as cups are likely to be broken occasionally, we would appreciate it if you would inform us of any losses as they happen so we can replace them as soon as possible. Damage to larger items such as televisions and furniture are the guests responsibility to pay for or replace.
7. Your personal items may not be covered by our insurance.
8. Takeover time is 2pm on the agreed date of arrival unless a mutually decided alternative time has been set. The key is in a key safe for which the combination number will be posted to your home address with your arrival instructions and local map by second class post 7 days before your break. The combination code is altered regularly but please do not divulge the code to anyone not in your party. For late bookings we may email the arrival instructions.
9. Departure time is 10.30am. If you have provided us with a mobile number (recommended) we may contact you by text to inform you of a later check out time if this is possible. If we do not have consecutive bookings we are more than happy to do this.
10. The cottage is pet friendly but please respect the residents living nearby by keeping your pet quiet and clearing away any of the 'deposits' appropriately. Please do not allow your pet to go on or in the bed. You are responsible for any damage caused by your pet.
11. Keep any noise down to a reasonable level and again respect the neighbouring residents. Please note that we do not own and therefore cannot take any responsibility for the properties above and surrounding, and cannot be held responsible for any noisy or otherwise antisocial behaviour that might very occasionally take place within them. The cottages are both a very traditional ground floor apartment style and sound proofing was not a high priority when they were built, so people intolerant to the odd 'bump' should look elsewhere.
12. The cottage is strictly non smoking. It is very obvious if this policy has been ignored and we are prepared to bill guests retrospectively for the increased cleaning required.
13. The quoted rate includes all utility supplies, 2 hand towels, washing up cloth, scouring pad, washing up liquid, tea towel, 2 toilet rolls, tea and coffee, uht milk, hand wash liquid and miscellaneous cleaning equipment. 2 hand towels are provided but we ask that guests provide their own towels for showering. Other equipment in the property includes toaster, microwave, oven with hobs and grill, kettle, hair drier, iron and ironing board, drying frame, selected books and assorted family games along with the tv/dvd and cd player.
14. Our cottages are advertised as 'pet friendly', and although we make every effort to clean thoroughly, it may be impossible to remove every trace of hair, smells or other evidence of our furry friends.
15. We, the owners, take no responsibility for incorrect information on third party websites or any other advertising outside our control.
16. You agree you are over 18 years of age.